Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A testimony...

Our sister- Mich Lopez shared a very beautiful testimony yesteday during our Call Center Agents' Day...

I've worked as a Call Center Agent almost right after I graduated from College. At first I thought of this job just to help me improve my communication skills. It never occurred into my mind that I'd stay in this job for almost three years now.

Yes, I'm a Christian and as a kid I grew up in Sunday school classes, but with the kind of environment we have in this industry I've been exposed to different kinds of temptation which unfortunately, I'd given in, I developed different vices, got into a wrong relationship and had a poor working habit.

But God didn't let me drown into that pit. Instead he helped me and restored me through the ministry of Gcf-Connect. I didn't have friends in the office who would understand my needs especially in my spiritual growth. I may have friends not those I can relate with when it comes to the topic about "God" because I'm not that confident to share my faith with the kind of life w was living back then.

With Gcf-Connect, I have friends who can pray for me and check on how I am doing with brotherly and sisterly care.

It didn't surprise me that in an instant when I prayed to God that I want to be free from all the vices He took them away because I know without Him I still may be slave of those things which are not pleasing. Only God can do those miraculous things for me. I cannot do it on my own.

The hardest part for me at that time is letting go of the wrong relationship that I've had. I wrestled with Him and even prayed for the wrong reasons just to justify everything. It was one of those topic which I've read on our blogspot about "Decision Making". I decided to break up with the guy and true enough , peace took place in my heart-

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."-Philippians 4:6

And God showed me that it is not just about "affection" but true love is "God's unconditional love". HE is sufficient in those times suffiencient in those times that I felt I'm alone and up to now it makes me enjot serving Him.

It is one of those topics also in Connect that I've learned not to just go to the office an do the usual things. It made me realize that I should give my best in Everything that I do and work as if I'm doing it for God. It made me reap all the good things as a result of hardwork, I was also impatient but God revealed to me that what i need to do is trust Him and He's in control of everything even in the most difficult situation.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,"-Colossians 3:23

Even though I have problems, God is enough. I was able to forgive those who hurt me. God gave me security and He supplies all my needs.

It is my prayer that we could bring more people to Connect for them to learn more about God and experience His goodness.

To God be all the glory!

No comments: